Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1512 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
alanb1951
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Project Status (First Post Updated)

As our resident OPNG-watcher is on a time-out :-) ...

It would appear that we've exhausted the current stock of OPNG tasks (after nearly two months of [more or less] continuous supply) -- I've only been getting retries and verification tasks recently (and nothing since early yesterday morning!) and the number of returned results on the OPNG "Statistics by project" is well down.

I wonder how long it'll be before the OPNG scientists spin off some more work?

Cheers - Al.

P.S. As Grumpy Swede would remark if he were here at present, the forums are like molasses at the moment...
[May 16, 2024 1:09:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

P.S. As Grumpy Swede would remark if he were here at present, the forums are like molasses at the moment..

That would be molasses in January with a liberal sprinkling of "503 system not available " results.

Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 16, 2024 3:57:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hchc
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Still have the same WUs stuck in "Waiting to be sent" status. Wish the WCG techs used the forums.
  • i3-8100 (Coffee Lake, 4C/4T) @ 3.6 GHz
  • i5-4590 (Haswell, 4C/4T) @ 3.3 GHz
  • E5800 (Wolfdale, 2C/2T) @ 3.2 GHz

[May 18, 2024 2:38:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alanb1951
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Still have the same WUs stuck in "Waiting to be sent" status.
Yup; recent new WUs have numbers up in the high 5233xxxxx range and the low 5234xxxxx range and retries for high 519XXXXXX WUs are now getting trapped...

A couple of my Pending Validation tasks that had been held up actually validated, but in both cases that turned out to be because the No Reply result that spawned the stuck retry had eventually returned nearly 60 hours after the deadline :-)

I have seen some recent successful retries amongst wingmen but they are all for WUs where one of the initial tasks failed (or was user aborted or detached) fairly early -- I have only received one retry since this issue appeared (and that showed up just under 3 days from the initial tasks being issued...)

Wish the WCG techs used the forums.
It's sometimes difficult to know the best place for us to post potential issues such as this if we want to catch someone's eye.

Some topics (such as there being lots of 503 errors and long waits or timeouts on the non-BOINC parts of the system) have News items we can post into; even if they are quite old, TigerLily seems to spot them eventually :-) The same is [mostly] true for new posts in the Website Support forum.

However, this particular issue isn't really Website related and it appears that posts in the MCM1 forum don't seem to have been picked up; perhaps the latest manifestation of this Chat Room thread should be on the "must read" list :-)

(And if the non-BOINC servers are playing up [as is presently the case] trying to use "Contact us" is impossible...)

Cheers - Al.

P.S. whilst building this message and using preview I got a dozen or so 503 errors and each page refresh that worked took about 30 seconds; I think that something in the database interface might have got messed up again -- it only ever seems to manage a few days without some sort of congestion evidence showing up :-(

[Edit: the last preview was quick but it took three attempts to get it to post!]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by alanb1951 at May 18, 2024 8:08:32 AM]
[May 18, 2024 8:06:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

The response times of the website seem to have improved a bit, but the "503' errors are still a bit commonplace.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 18, 2024 1:23:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

The issue with "Waiting to be sent" tasks still isn't solved. My Results list should have been empty by now, since I do not crunch anything. I still have 8 tasks in the list, all of them due to the "Waiting to be sent".problem.

But at least, it's summer temperatures, and no ice or snow smile

[May 19, 2024 5:07:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

My oldest waiting to be sent is from "2024-05-17 16:19:35 UTC". My question is do the waiting to be sents NEVER get sent, or is it really really slow??
[May 20, 2024 5:04:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread