Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 144
Posts: 144   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14577 times and has 143 replies Next Thread
alged
Master Cruncher
FRANCE
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 2023-05-19 Update (workunit shortage)

strangely this w-e tatks are coming gently .no shortage ;without accumulate a lot the flow is regular .happy w-e thks for the udate on MCM;
Regards
----------------------------------------

[Mar 17, 2024 9:39:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robokapp
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Asteroids seems to be the only alternative for mobile.
[Mar 17, 2024 7:17:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I still have 30 pending validation. I checked on few of them and have seen the second work units have been sent as far back as March 12 and 13. They are due on March 18 and 19. This means there are some crunchers who have queues of several days and they are still working through their backlogs. Meanwhile, I am sure there are plenty of idle machines with no work. I will shut down all of my crunchers except for the family unit until I see a steady stream of new work units being issued. My backup projects, which have always been pretty sporadic, are both out of work, so no use in having idling machines.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Mar 17, 2024 9:17:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robert
Cruncher

One BOINC project that never runs out of work is PrimeGrid as that is my main BOINC project since World Community Grid has major problems now.
[Mar 18, 2024 8:29:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

One BOINC project that never runs out of work is PrimeGrid as that is my main BOINC project since World Community Grid has major problems now.

I would love to help the world of mathematics (which I happen to like and find useful), but for me, the health related projects carry a lot more weight.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Mar 18, 2024 10:59:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BobbyB
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

health related projects carry a lot more weight
I have to agree. The umteenth trillion digit of Pi or the umteenth billion prime number is not as important as finding a cure for [fill in your favourite].

Still have a laptop doing WCG and an 8 core.
[Mar 18, 2024 1:51:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Well, for what it's worth, there have been new MCM1 WUS (_0 and _1) in the last few days, but only on a select few hosts, no idea what criteria applied, as most of my reachable hosts have been crunching, at least on the side, some other projects, which like DENIS, ran also out of WUs over the weekend and Rosetta, which stopped sending after they had a (Beta) batch that would all fail with compute errors in seconds.

Let's hope WCG is waking up this morning and is actually providing some real insight of the current trickle supply is going to stay with us for a while or not.
At least I am pleased to see that the backlog of WUs to be purged has significantly decreased during that shortage of new WUs, its now 18,000 still left from a peak of about 64,000...

Ralf

[Mar 18, 2024 3:10:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

OK, so what's is actually going on?

While there was only a trickle of WUs while large amounts of validated WUs finally got purged, now the BOINC clients are showing "feeder not running" once again, and while uploading WUs still seems to work, reporting those doesn't. And the nauseating progress bars when trying to check the Results page is running again for ever, even with multiple retries... crying

the fun never end sad

Ralf

[Mar 18, 2024 9:15:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wildhagen
Senior Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Any news on this issue? I still get only a very, very few workunits from time to time.
[Mar 19, 2024 4:47:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I have nothing on either Windows or Linux. I do have some Denis@home running as they have work units this morning, so at least my machines are not idle.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Mar 19, 2024 5:01:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 144   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread