Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 144
Posts: 144   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14563 times and has 143 replies Next Thread
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 2023-05-19 Update (workunit shortage)

Looks like the work unit shortage has reared its ugly head once again. both of my Linux machines have gone dry and my Windows machine is down to 50% queue.

Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 9, 2024 7:43:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alanb1951
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Sgt. Joe,

Around the time you posted, some of my systems weren't topping up either (though I never ran out of work...); it looks as if every request for new work around that time got the "other platforms" message for MCM1, so I suspect it was one of those periods where only retries were going out...

My systems have their cumulative quota of 36 concurrent [and new] tasks at present, so hopefully it is back to "normal" again now.

Cheers - Al.
[May 9, 2024 8:39:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Sgt. Joe,

Around the time you posted, some of my systems weren't topping up either (though I never ran out of work...); it looks as if every request for new work around that time got the "other platforms" message for MCM1, so I suspect it was one of those periods where only retries were going out...

My systems have their cumulative quota of 36 concurrent [and new] tasks at present, so hopefully it is back to "normal" again now.

Cheers - Al.

Well, Windows has rebounded to a full complement of 12 tasks for an 8 thread machine. However, the Linux systems have yet to respond with any.

Cheers

Edit: May 10. Linux queues are back to normal.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at May 10, 2024 1:34:31 PM]
[May 9, 2024 10:42:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bluestang
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Haven't had any new OPNG WUs for days. Seems only resends are coming it now.

Also now sometimes getting the usual error when trying to access for results/contribution so hopefully that is not a sign of the usual issues every month or so it seems.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bluestang at May 16, 2024 8:12:09 PM]
[May 16, 2024 7:59:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 144   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread